Friday, November 17, 2017

Moocher Invasion


I need some brown scraps in order to move forward on my Plain Brown Wrapper quilt so I decided to make some Brown Cows not to be confused with Black Cows which is one of my favorite summer drinks. 

I put them out to pasture and they clearly think the grass is greener on the other side. 


(Live and learn: these would probably be a lot easier to make if you print the instructions in color instead of black and white. I'm stingy with my colored ink. It would also be a lot easier to make one, not five,  first to see how they go together. It's easy to forget which fabrics go with which block if you cut all pieces for all cows all at one time.) 

11 comments:

Linda said...

I love these blocks, Cathy!!! All the cows look happy but the first especially so with the fabric creating a smile on the cow's face. Glad you sorted all your cut pieces out into the correct cow blocks. I bet you're good at jigsaws too.

Janie said...

Fun blocks, great piecing.
I happen to enjoy 'purple cows' in the summer, grape juice and vanilla ice cream milk shake.

Sally Trude said...

Wow! Your brown cows look great! My favorite is the spotted one. And your variation in the background fabric is especially effective...and I thought I was being brave mixing up beige backgrounds. I definitely need Cathy lessons.

gayle said...

Moo! I mean, wow! Love these bovine beauties!

Cathy said...

Amoozing cow blocks! Not only do I need Cathy Lessons like Sally (or should I say, the correct Cathy Lessons?), but I need to make some of those cows. And I can’t believe that throughout the whole post and comments so far, no one has uttered the obvious..... How Now Brown Cow?

MissPat said...

I'm impressed that you cut all the cow pieces at once. I made 4 of Sally's sheep blocks, but did them one at a time and still managed to need to unsew some parts. But boy, were they fun.
Pat

mangozz said...

Udderly amazing!

Kaja said...

Well these raised a smile!

Louise said...

How now, brown cows? Thanks for the link to the tutorial, so now I know how! Yours are very cute :)

Emily said...

These are so fun!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

So adorabale!!!